When you hear the word “fillings,” it’s not uncommon to associate it with metals like silver or mercury. However, did you know that these materials can pose potential health risks? Mercury, in particular, has been found to have adverse effects when used in dental fillings. Fortunately, mercury-free fillings are now an option for patients. In this blog post, we will talk about the benefits of opting for mercury-free tooth fillings and other dental services that value your overall health and wellness.
1. What are mercury-free tooth fillings?
Mercury-free tooth fillings are made of materials that do not contain any mercury, a toxic substance that may pose serious health risks. They typically include composite resin, porcelain, and other biocompatible materials that are safe and durable. These fillings can be used to treat cavities, replace old fillings, and restore damaged teeth.
2. The advantages of choosing mercury-free tooth fillings.
Using mercury-free tooth fillings has numerous benefits, such as:
– They are safer: Mercury is a neurotoxin that may damage various cells and tissues in the body, including the nervous, immune, and digestive systems. Removing mercury fillings can significantly reduce your risk of exposure to these harmful substances.
– They are more natural-looking: Mercury-free tooth fillings can be customized to match your natural teeth’ color and shape, providing a more aesthetic result.
– They are more durable: Composite resin and porcelain fillings are known to last longer than traditional mercury fillings, which often require replacement over time.
– They are less invasive: Mercury-free tooth fillings allow for minimal removal of healthy tooth structure, which can help preserve the tooth’s integrity.
3. Other dental services that prioritize your health and wellness.
Aside from mercury-free fillings, there are other dental services that value your overall health and wellness. Some of these include:
– Digital X-rays: Digital X-rays significantly reduce your exposure to radiation compared to traditional X-rays. They also allow for a faster and more accurate diagnosis of dental problems.
– Non-surgical gum therapy: Non-surgical gum therapy, such as scaling and root planing, can help treat gum disease without the need for invasive surgery.
– Holistic approaches: Some dental practices offer holistic approaches to dentistry, which involves considering the body as a whole and using natural remedies to promote healing. These may include herbal treatments, acupuncture, and nutrition guidance.
4. How to find a dental practice that offers mercury-free fillings and other health-promoting services.
Finding a dental practice that offers mercury-free fillings and other health-promoting services can be challenging, but it’s worth the effort. Look for practices that prioritize patient education, use the latest technology, and offer a range of treatment options. You can also read reviews from other patients and ask for recommendations from friends and family.
When it comes to your dental health, choosing a practice that prioritizes your overall well-being is crucial. Opting for mercury-free tooth fillings and other health-promoting services can significantly reduce your exposure to harmful substances and promote a more natural, holistic approach to dentistry. By being proactive about your oral care, you are taking an important step towards a healthier, happier you.
Contact Etesse and Godes Holistic & Cosmetic Dentistry: